Sunday 20 May 2012

"Heaven in my Mind"

This poem has been added to my book "Building Bridges" which was published in October 2011. I wrote this poem in the summer of 2009 after I woke up from a dream, the contents of which I explained in the poem later.


A trip to heaven in my mind
Was to leave all the love behind
 I just wanted to see
Just how beautiful Heaven could be

The most beautiful pearly gates of white
Behind the shimmering radiant light
The cool flowing rivers of milk
And the lush green grass of satin silk

I saw the things which I had read about
What an experience to me it brought
With an angel passing me by
So ethereal that a tear fell from my eye

I walked the cool of evening along the meadows
Breezy wind; the streams of crystal water flows
Tall lush trees swaying with the beat
Gently lifting me off the ground as it caresses my feet

It became evident to me the world’s deception
And why this Heaven was called an exception
For those who showed their utter humble and devotion
Lie here in the Paradise’s intoxicating potion!






Copyright ©2011-2050 Ayesha Zee Khan. Reproduction: Poetry/articles/stories strictly prohibited. Watermark template. Template images bymicheldenijs. Powered by Blogger.


Published on the following link also:

http://www.islamabadtimesonline.com/heaven-in-my-mind/

No comments:

Post a Comment